- 1/4 cup Pesto Store Bought
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 slices Large, Thick Sourdough Bread
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Tomato Thickly Sliced
- 1 12 oz Mozzarella Ball Thickly Sliced
- 1/4 cup Black Olives Sliced
- Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 2 Basil Leaves Thinly Sliced
Heat grill to high
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix tomato paste and pesto
Drizzle both slides of each slice of bread with olive oil; grill until lightly toasted on one side.
Remove from grill, spread pesto/tomato paste mixture over the toasted side of each bread slice. Add slices of tomato, mozzarella and olives.
Return to the grill; reduce to low heat and close cover. In about 10 minutes, the bottom should be toasted and the toppings should be melted.
Top with sliced basil and serve
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 980IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg