NOTE: If this recipe doesn't need to be Vegan, you may replace Ground Flaxseed - or Flaxseed Meal - with a single Egg.
Vegan Waffles from Sourdough Starter
Delicious Belgium Style Waffle RecipePrint Pin
Servings: 4 People
THE NIGHT BEFORE
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Sourdough Starter Discard
- 1 Cup Soy Milk - Unsweetened Any Nutt or Oat Milk will Suffice
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseed Ground or Flaxseed Meal
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
THE NIGHT BEFORE you want waffles
- Stir together the flour, sourdough starter, nut milk, maples syrup and vinegar. Cover with a clean dishtowel and place on the counter overnight (roughly 12 hours).
- When ready to make waffles, preheat your waffle maker and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Ground Flaxseed and Water. Let's sit for 5 Minutes to allow mixture to thicken.
- Into the same bowl, whisk together the flaxeed, Oil, Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract and Salt. Then, pour into the Sourdough base and stir until combined and mixture is fairly thick.
- Scoop ~1 Cup of the mixture into THE MIDDLE of your waffle iron (depending on the size of your Waffle Iron) and cook according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Repeat until out of batter 🙂NOTE: The standard portion should yield about 3 Waffles.
This recipe can easily be multipled
Serving: 1Each | Calories: 1126kcal | Carbohydrates: 164g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 1230mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 504IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @FamilyPlates and #FamilyRecipes
Love these!! Will never go back to store bought mix.