These pancakes have become a new staple for us at breakfast time for several reasons:
- They are healthy. Instead of flour and sugar we blend rolled oats and low sugar Greek yogurt. I always look for full fat Yogurt with less than 10 grams of sugar per serving.
- They are super easy to make as we use a blender to whip up the batter.
The girls polish these pancakes off in a heartbeat.
For added healthy fats we top with a dollop of nut butter.
- 1 Lemon Zested & Juiced
- ½ cup Raspberry
- 4/3 cup Old-Fashioned Oats (Gluten Free)
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Maple Syrup (Optional)
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Egg Whites
- In a blender, combine the Rolled Oats, Yogurt, Egg Whites, Baking Powder, Lemon Zest & Juice. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add ½ tablespoon coconut oil and swirl around until entire pan is covered. Pour Pancake batter onto hot oiled pan (about 5" diameter). Once bubbles begin to pop, quickly crumble a few Raspberries and sprinkle over top of each Pancake and then flip. Cook throughout and then remove.
- Serve along with your favorite toppings. We use a dollop of Yogurt, more fruit and Maple Syrup.
Adapted from "Blueberry Lemon Blender Pancakes" found within Hungry Girl - Simply 6 by Lisa Lillien