If you’re looking for a quick and easy vegetarian pizza recipe, you’re in the right place. We quickly saute Leek, Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes and then add Kale thinly sliced into ribbons. Add to prepared pizza dough found at your local grocer, top with shredded smokey Gouda and bake for 12 minutes.
Don’t forget most you can grill pizza dough in most cases. The preparation is the very same except you’ll want to grill the dough on one side for 3 minutes, flip, add saute and cheese and then grill for about another 3 minutes.
If you like this recipe, then you will likely also like these other fun pizza recipes:
1. Chicken Pita Pizza
2. Roasted Carrot & Avocado Socca Pizza
3. Shaved Vegetables & Burrata Pizza
4. Mexican Pizza Pie
5. Grilled Vegetable PIzza
Kale, Leek & Smoked Gouda Pizza
- 1 16 oz ball Prepared pizza dough (Room temperature)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Leek (Large) Cut into thin rounds
- 6 cups Kale Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese Shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 DegF.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread Pizza Dough over baking sheet.
- Heat Coconut Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Garlic, Leek and Pepper Flakes; sauté until starting to brown.
- Add Kale and Heavy Whipping Cream; sauté until Kale begins to wilt.
- Spread sautéed mixture over the Pizza Dough and top with cheese; bake for 12 minutes
Adapted from “(page 110) Turkey, Leek, and Gouda White PIzza” found within High Flavor Low Labor: Reinventing Weeknight Cooking by J.M. Hirsch