This recipe is an absolute blast. We take an oven-ready pizza dough stretch out into a rectangle and then slap onto the barbecue along with some Portabella mushrooms, onions and summer squash. Topped with freshly shredded mozzarella and smoked Gouda and you have yourself a real treat.
If you like this recipe, then you will likely also like these other fun pizza recipes:
Don't forget to become a member - it's free - here. You can save this recipe into your collection of favorites in addition to rate and comment on the recipes that you may have tried.
Grilled Vegetable Pizza
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms (Medium) Capped & Sliced
- 1 Red Onion (4 to 6 oz) Sliced
- 1 Yellow Summer Squash (Small) Sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 1 lb Whole-wheat Pizza Dough
- 2 Plumb Tomatoes (Ripe) Thinly Sliced
- ½ cup Smoked Mozzarella Shredded
- ¼ cup Basil Fresh, Sliced
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Brush mushrooms, onion, and squash with oil: sprinkle with Salt & Pepper
- Grill vegetables, covered, 6 minutes or until tender and browned, turning once. Removed from grill and separate onion rings; set aside. Reduce heat on grill to medium-low.
- Cover large cookie sheet with fil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Stretch dough into 10” by 14” rectangle. Place on cookie sheet.
- Lift dough and foil; place, dough side down, on grill, gently peeling off foil. Cover; cook 2 minutes or until bottom is crisp. Turn crust over. Quickly top with tomatoes, vegetables, and cheese. Cover; cook 2 minutes longer or until bottom is crisp. Slide onto cutting board; garnish with basil.
Adapted from “(page 180) Grilled Veggie Pizza” found within Weeknight Easy – 185 Really Quick, Simply Delicious Recipes by Good Housekeeping