- 3 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Russet Potato Diced
- 2 Celery Stalk Sliced
- 1 Carrot Sliced
- 1 Cauliflower, Small – Cut Florets Cut Into Florets
- 4 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/3 cup Dulse (Seaweed)
- 2 tbsp Cashew Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari (Soy Sauce)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- In a 4-qt pot over medium heat, add oil, onion and salt. Reduce to low heat and simmer until onions caramelize (15-20 minutes). Add potato, celery, carrot and vegetable stock to the pot. Cover & simmer until potato is soft (15-20 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Allow soup to cool slightly. Add cashew butter, tamari (soy sauce) and soup into a blender and puree (may need to be done in batches). NOTE: If you have an immersion blender, you can avoid the hassle of dirty-ing the blender.
- Blanche cauliflower florets by submerging into boiling water for approximately 5 minutes. In parallel, soak the dulse in cold water for approximately 5 minutes in order to re-hydrate it. Drain the florets and dulse and add them to the soup. Add salt & pepper to taste and then serve.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2360mg | Potassium: 465mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3048IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 5mg
Adapted from “Iron-Replenishing Cauliflower & Dulse Soup” found within Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair