This dish takes a family staple – rice – and infuses it with some additional health benefits. The girls can’t tell the difference between rice and cauliflower rice. It’s a great way to sneak in some more vegetables. Kimchi adds great flavoring in addition to its plethora of health benefits. This dish will be sure to have your kids asking for seconds.
If we have leftovers we like to heat them up and put in a small thermos for our girls, or save for weekend brunch and add to scrambled eggs.
Pro tip: If you are in a pinch you can buy riced cauliflower or use the food processor to rice your own.
- 1 Cauliflower Small, Riced
- 1 Kale, Lacinto (Dinosaur) Sliced into thin Ribbons
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Scallion (Green Onion) Thinly Sliced
- 1 cup Kim-chi (Fermented Vegetables) Roughly Chopped
- 3 tbsp Tamari (Soy Sauce)
- 2 tbsp Safflower Oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Cut the Cauliflower into small florets and then pulse within a food processor. Remove the Kale stems and then slice into thin ribbons.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add Safflower Oil and Sesame Oil and sauté Kale and Cauliflower until the Kale softens and the Cauliflower starts to brown. Thinly slice the Scallions (Green Onions) and mix into stir-fry along with Tamari (Soy Sauce) and roughly chopped Kimchi. Plate stir-fry and top with finely chopped Cilantro.
Adapted from “Cauliflower & Kim-chi “Fried Rice”” found within It’s All Easy by Gwyneth Paltro w/ Thea Baumann