- 1/2 cup Cilantro Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Black Beans
- 1/4 cup Corn Canned or Frozen
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Cut in-half & seared until cooked throughout, then pulled
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- 4 Pita, Gluten Free
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder Divided
- 2 tbsp Ground Cumin Divided
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder Divided
- Preheat oven to 375 DegF.
- Heat a medium-large pan over medium heat. Sprinkle Chicken 1 Tbsp Onion Powder, Ground Cumin & Chili Powder. Cook chicken until cooked throughout. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Shred chicken or cube.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Crushed Tomatoes along with remaining Onion Powder, Ground Cumin & Chili Powder. Stir until mixed throughout. Place 2 Pitas on a baking sheet. Spread crushed tomatoes. Then, sprinkle with Black Beans, Corn, Chicken. Finally, top with Cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cheese should start to brown.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 575mg | Potassium: 803mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1690IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 5mg
Adapted from “Southwest Chicken Pita Pizza” found within Hungry Girl – Simply 6 by Lisa Lillien