- 1 Carrot Thinly Sliced
- 3 Scallions
- 1 Garlic Clove Sliced
- 1 cup Mint Roughly Chopped
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Pistachios (Roasted)
- 1 cup Quinoa Rinsed & Drained
- 1 Lemon
- Pepper Freshly Ground
- In a sauce-pan, bring 1-1/2 cups of water to a boil (add a pinch of salt to slightly increase boiling temperature). Add 1 cup quinoa to boiling water, cover pot and reduce to a simmer until standing liquid has been absorbed (approximately 15 mins). Transfer to a large salad bowl. Use a fork to fluff and cool.
- Thinly slice Carrots (Diagonally), garlic clove and scallions. Chop the mint. Whiz pistachios in a mini food processor and set aside for later.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to large skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Add sliced zucchini and cook until tender (stir occasionally). Add garlic and cook until you can smell it. Add quinoa, course salt and freshly ground pepper and stir to combine.
- Stir in scallions, pistachios, juice and zest of 1 lemon. Top with mint and serve.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 492mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3135IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3mg
Adapted from “Quinoa salad with zucchini, mint and pistacios” found within Clean Slate from the editors of Martha Stewart Living