- 2 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Water Boiled
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 5 oz Dried Shitake Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Tamari (Soy Sauce)
- 2 tsp Honey
- 4 inches Ginger Root Finely Chopped/Grated
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 4 Scallions
- 2 cup White Long Grain Rice
- Preheat oven to 400 DegF. Start 2 cups white/brown rice on stove or in rice cooker.
- Heat water on medium-high heat. Once boiling, turn off stove. Add mushrooms and then cover. Allow mushrooms to soak up water. After 15-20 minutes remove the mushrooms and then slice.
- Combine Tamari (Soy Sauce), Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Honey and Ginger and and Scallions (Green Onions) into a baking dish.
- Remove Chicken from packaging and rinse thoroughly. Cut each breast in half and then slit nearly in half once more. You are basically creating a pita pocket. Fill each breast with the Tamari mixture and then place in the baking dish to marinade. Allow chicken to soak for 10 minutes on each side.
- Julienne more Scallions (Green Onions) and set aside for garnish To Julienne is to cut into matchstick sized pieces.
- Tear off 1′ x 2′ piece of parchment paper. Fold in half diagonally and then unfold flat. Place stuffed Chicken Breast on top of parchment, place mushrooms on top and then wrap Chicken up like a burrito wrapper. Place wrapped chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 DegF. Boil remaining marinade to condense into a syrup. This will be added just before serving.
- Place wrapped chicken onto plate for serving. Rip open parchment and cut away excess. Top with julienne’d Scallions, condensed marinade syrup and Sesame Seeds. Serve with a side of rice.
Calories: 1109kcal | Carbohydrates: 214g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1783mg | Potassium: 1923mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 273IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 5mg
Adapted from “Ginger-scallion chicken breasts in parchment” found within Clean Slate from The writers of Martha Stewart Living