- 2 Green Apples
- 1 tbsp Sage or Thyme
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 lb 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- Grate 1 Apple and thinly slice the other.
- In a mixing bowl combine the following ingredients: Grated Apple, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Sage, Salt, Pepper. Combine thoroughly and then form into patties. PRO TIP: If the mixture is too sticky, you may toast a slice of bread, crumble it and then add it to the mixture as necessary to soak up any extra moisture..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add your cooking oil and coat the entire bottom of the pan. Add patties and cook for 3 minutes each side. PRO TIP: After first flip, add shredded or sliced cheese as it will melt faster.
- Add to the plate in the following order: Toasted bun, Butter Lettuce Leaf, Patty and Apple Slices.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 399mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Adapted from “Turkey Apple Burgers” found within SlenderKitchen.com by Kristen Mccaffrey