- 1 Lemon Juiced & Zested
- 2 Scallion Thinly Sliced White & Light Green Part Only
- 1 Turkey Sausage Uncooked Link - Casing Removed
- 3/4 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 4 Red Bell Pepper
- Canola Oil, Baking Spray
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 Brioche Hamburger Buns
- 1 tbsp Thyme Leaved & Finely Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- Combine Sausage, Egg White, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Thyme, Salt and Pepper and stir until mixed throughout. Fold in the Ground Turkey and Bread Crumbs (just enough to absorb extra liquid). Form into 4 patties.
- Heat your charcoal or gas-grill to medium-high heat. Spray grate with Canola Baking Spray in an effort to promote a non-stick cooking surface. Cook patties 4-5 minutes per side. Internal meat temperature should be 165 DegF. Add 1 tbsp of crumbled Feta Cheese on each patty and allow to cook for 30 more seconds. PRO TIP: It's okay to cook in a pan over the stove, but more fun with the grill.
- Add one patty to each bun. Allow the family to load their own burger with Yogurt, Scallions & Roasted Red Pepper. PRO TIP: A toasted brioche bun cannot be beat. Place each bun on a large skillet on high-heat until browned and then serve.
Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4671IU | Vitamin C: 171mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 3mg
Adapted from “Lemon-Thyme Turkey Pita Burgers” found within Supermarket Healthy by Melissa D’Arabian