With Halloween around the corner, this Pumpkin Soup was the perfect meal to warm us up and getting us in the spirit. The girls are obsessed with anything pumpkin and enjoyed helping us whip up this soup. With canned pumpkin it is easy to keep the ingredients for this recipe in your pantry, so you can makes this in a pinch. The coconut milk makes this soup extra silky and decadent. Topping the soup with toasted pumpkin seeds adds a nice crunch to the creamy soup. We also like to add some avocado slices for some added healthy fats.
- 2 Yellow Onion Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1 12.5 oz can Coconut Milk, Full Fat
- 2 12.5 oz can Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds Toasted
- Heat a medium dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil and coat the bottom. Add the Onions and cook until translucent. Add the Garlic until fragrant, then add the Salt, Pepper & Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Next, lower the heat and add the Broth and Pumpkin Pie Filling and simmer for about 10 mins. Meanwhile, add pumpkin seeds to a dry pan over low-heat and toast (stir frequently) until they start to brown. Set to the side for garnish.
- Ladle the soup into a blender (or use an immersion blender) in order to Purée. Pour into 4 bowls and top with sliced Avocado and a sprinkling of roasted Pumpkin Seeds.
Adapted from "Healthy Pumpkin Soup" in iFOODreal.com | September 2018 by Olena Osipov