- 1/2 cup Mirin
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 10 Cremini Mushrooms Stemmed
- 2 tbsp Ginger Root Whizzed or Grated
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (Bone-in & Skin-on)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F
- De-stem the mushrooms and then wash and pat dry with a paper towel. Whizz (or peel & grate) the ginger root. Add the Mirin, Tamari & Ginger to a baking dish. Place the Chicken Breast with the skin side down. Surround the Chicken with the mushrooms.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place into the oven. Bake until the chicken is cooked throughout (internal temperature 165 Deg F).
- Remove the cover and allow Chicken to rest for 3 minutes before serving. Serve along with cooked rice and add sesame seeds as a garnish.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 789mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Adapted from “Asian baked chicken with shiitake mushrooms & mirin” found within Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair