Chicken Coconut Curry with Potatoes and Onions is one of our go to meals when we have a busy week and need a slow cooker meal. I love this meal so much I make this for friends who recently had a baby or our sick. It is a crowd pleaser
- 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 Red Onions
- ½ cup Cilantro
- 3 tablespoon Ginger Root
- 2 tablespoon Garlic Cloves
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breasts
- 15 oz Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 2 tablespoon Curry Powder
- Prepare rice in rice cooker
- In a small food processor, combine garlic cloves and ginger root and then whiz until thoroughly mixed and minced. Add to mixing bowl along with Curry Powder, Ground Coriander, Salt and Pepper. Add Chicken Breasts and toss until all sides are coated.
- Add ingredients to slow-cooker in the following order: Potatoes, Chicken (along with any remaining Garlic/Ginger/Spices) and finally pour coconut milk over the top. Cook on low-temp for 6-7 hours or high-temp for 4-5 hours.
- Shred chicken in slow-cooker and then gently mix before serving of the top of Basmati Rice.
Adapted from "Slow-Cooker Chicken and Potato Curry" found within RealSimple.com | March 2016 by Kay Chun