- 1 tsp Lemon Juiced & Zested
- 2 tbsp Chives Minced
- 1 1/2 cup Watercress Chopped
- 2 Boneless Skinless Salmon
- 8 oz Soba Noodles (100% Buckwheat Flour)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Start a large pan with about 2″ of water on medium-high heat. In parallel, start a full pot of water for the Soba Noodles. The noodles take about the same amount of time it will take to poach the Salmon.
- Combine Buttermilk, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Zest and Minced Chives into a small bowl and whisk..
- Add Salmon to simmering pan of water for poaching. Allow to cook until salmon is cooked throughout (about 7 minutes).
- Add Soba Noodles to the boiling water and stir immediately. As the noodles are about to boil over, add 1 cup of cold water. Just before the noodles boil over again, turn the heat off. Drain the water and rinse with cold water. Combine the noodles and Buttermilk mixture back into the original pot and mix throughout.
- Remove the Salmon from the pan and place onto a cutting board. Use a fork to flake Salmon apart. Add Salmon and the watercress to the pot of noodles and gently toss. Serve immediately.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 556IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg
Adapted from “Soba w/ Salmon & Watercress” found within Clean Slate by the Writers of Martha Stewart Living