Spaghetti w/ Lentil Bolognese
Spaghetti with Lentil Bolognese made for a delicious and easy dinner.Print Pin
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 4 Carrots
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1` tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup French Green Lentils
- 1 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes w/ Basil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 box Gluten Free Spaghetti Pasta
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add Coconut Oil, Carrots and Onion; cook until onions become translucent. Remove from heat and then stir in the tomato paste.
- Add 3 cups of water and Lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer whilst covered for 35 minutes or until Lentils are nearly tender. Add Tomatoes, 1 cup water, Salt and Pepper; simmer for 10 more minutes. Meanwhile, boil a large pot of water with a pinch of Salt. Cook Gluten-free Spaghetti Pasta per directions on the package.
- Serve cooked pasta with sauce, topped with Basil & Parmesan for garnish.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1256mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6846IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 3mg
Adapted from “Spaghetti with Lentil Bolognese” from Parents.com | July 2017 by Unknown