Spaghetti squash is one of our very vegetables to eat in the fall. We recently purchased an Instant Pot and used it for the first time to cook the spaghetti squash. It turned out perfectly tender. We separately cooked the chicken and mushrooms in a skillet and then added in the sour cream, cream cheese and spices. Lastly we combined the spaghetti squash and chicken mixture in a bowl before placing in an 8 by 8 baking dish. We roped with some fresh Parmesan and put it in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. The girls loved this meal as the chicken came out tender and moist. Anything with noodles is fun and exciting for them to eat. Swapping the noodles for spaghetti squash is an added health benefit. Once again, we are able to get in some extra vegetables.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash Halved, Cored, Pressure Cooked & Separated
- 2 cup Bella Mushrooms Sliced
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cubed
- 2 teaspoon Dried & Minced Onion
- ½ teaspoon Salt Divided
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Divided
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 DegF.
Using a stick of butter or non-stick cooking spray, coat inside of an 8" square baking dish.
Meanwhile, begin cooking Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Dice Chicken and Slice Mushrooms. Over medium-high heat, heat a medium pan. Add Chicken, Mushrooms and ½ teaspoon each of Salt & Pepper. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and remaining seasoning (including ½ teaspoon each of Salt & Pepper). Stir until ingredients are mixed throughout.
- In a large bowl, combine Spaghetti Squash and contents from pan. Toss all ingredients and then pour contents into baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and then [cooked-timer minutes="15" desc="bake for 15 minutes."]15 Minutes[/cooked-timer]
Adapted from "Spaghetti Squash Chicken Tetrazzini" found within Hungry Girl - Simply 6 by Lisa Lillien