We ventured up to Lake Tahoe for the week and the cold weather has us craving some warm meals. These ground beef and riced cauliflower bell peppers were the perfect Mix of vegetables and protein. Topped with some melted mozzarella these were enjoyed by the whole family.
- 4 Bell Peppers (Large) Topped & Cored
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 cup Cauliflower Riced
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1-1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 lb 90% Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Sliced or Grated
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 DegF
- Cut top from each Bell Pepper (stem-side) and then remove and discard all seeds. Add cut-side-up to a 8" square baking dish and add to hot oven. Allow to bake for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Chop Onion, Mince Garlic & Rice Cauliflower. Over medium-high heat heat coconut or avocado oil and allow to melt. Add prepared ingredients and cook until they begin to soften. Next, add Ground Beef and saute together until cooked throughout. Reduce heat and then add Marinara Sauce and stir gently until entire mixture is hot.
- Remove Bell Peppers from the oven. Pour out any water that may have condensed. Scoop filling into each bell pepper until full and then top with sliced or grated Mozzarella. Place back into the oven until cheese has melted and started to brown. Remove from oven, plate and then serve while hot.
Adapted from “Saucy Stuffed Peppers” found within Hungry Girl – Simply 6 by Lisa Lillien