This dish is super easy to prepare and is quintessential Thai cuisine. The coconut white sauce simmers with minced ginger and garlic and is then used to poach the fresh halibut fillets. Served with a bed of rice and then drenched in sauce this dish is sure to please all ages.
Thai Curry Halibut
- 1 13.5 oz can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 6 oz fillet Halibut Boneless & Skinless
- 2 Scallion Chopped
- 1/4 Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime Cut into Wedges
- 2 cups White Rice Rinsed & Cooked – Rice Cooker
- Rinse and start cooking rice. This part takes the longest since it takes about 45 minutes in quick cook mode.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add Coconut Milk, Curry Paste, Brown Sugar and garlic; whisk while cooking until boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Halibut fillets into pan and poach on both sides for 4 minutes each – Internal Temp should read 145° F.
- Remove Halibut and place on a plate along with Rice. Add chopped Cilantro and Scallions to the cooling Coconut mixture. Pour over the Halibut and Rice and serve with Lime wedges.
Adapted from “Halibut in Thai Curry Sauce” from Weeknight Easy by Good Housekeeping