Okay, so this recipe is really going to blur the lines between a deep dish pizza and a triple-decker Quesadilla. There are three glorious layers of south-of-the-boarder fun to be had. Even more amazing is how quick and easy this recipe is to pull together.
If you like this recipe, then you will likely also like these other fun pizza recipes:
1. Chicken Pita Pizza
2. Roasted Carrot & Avocado Socca Pizza
3. Shaved Vegetables & Burrata Pizza
4. Grilled Vegetable Pizza
Don't forget to become a member - it's free - here. You can save this recipe into your collection of favorites in addition to rate and comment on the recipes that you may have tried.
Mexican Pizza Pie
- 1 Jar Salsa (Medium-hot)
- 1 8 oz can Tomato Sauce (No Salt Added)
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans Drained & Rinsed
- 1 15 oz can Corn (Whole Kernel) Drained
- ½ cup Cilantro (Fresh) Chopped
- 8 Flour Tortillas (Medium) - Divided
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream Optional
- Preheat oven to 500 DegF. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add Black Beans, Corn & Cilantro to a small bowl and stir until mixed throughout. In another bowl, mix Salsa and Tomato Sauce together.
- Start two Mexican Pizza Pies by placing 2 tortillas onto rimmed baking sheet side-by-side. Spread one-third of salsa mixture over the two tortillas. Top with one-third of bean mixture and one-third of cheese. Repeat layering two more times, then place last 22 tortillas on top of both piles. Bake pie until cheese melts and filling is bubbling hot (approximately 10 minutes).
Adapted from “(page 131) Black Bean and Corn Tortilla Pie” found within Weeknight Easy – 185 Really Quick, Simply Delicious Recipes by Good Housekeeping