- 1 cup Sweet Potato Peeled & Diced
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 tbsp Cilantro Chopped
- 2 tsp Madras Curry Powder
- 1 15.5 oz can Unsalted Garbanzo Beans Drained & Rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 cup White Long Grain Rice
- 1/4 cup Raw Unsalted Cashews
- 3 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cook 2 cups white/brown rice. PRO TIP: Use a rice cooker and set it to start in the morning. Brown rice take twice as long as white rice.
- In a large pan, heat Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat and add Cauliflower Florets, Onion and Curry Powder stirring frequently. Add broth, salt (1/4 tsp. Salt), Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) and tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil then cover and reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Place rice into bowls. Cover with Sweet Potato & Chickpea mixture. Top with Chopped Cilantro, Yogurt, Cashews and Lime Juice.
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4793IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 2mg
Adapted from “Fall Vegetable Curry” found within CookingLight.com | November 2017 by Elizabeth Nelson