- 6 cup Lacinto Kale
- 2 cup Yellow Onion
- 2 cup Fennel
- 1/2 cup Garlic
- 2 cup Cremini Mushroom
- 1/4 cup Flat-leaf Parsley
- 8 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 15 oz can Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 15 oz can Unsalted Chickpeas
- 1 pkg Cheese Tortellini
- 1.5 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Heat a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Add Coconut Oil, Onion, Fennel, Garlic, and Mushrooms; cook until onions are translucent. Then, stir in tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute. Then, add Vegetable Stock, Water, Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, Fire-roasted Tomatoes and Chickpeas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in stemmed & chopped Kale. Add tortellini and cook per packaging instructions.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in vinegar. Serve with chopped Flat-leaf parsley.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 1010mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 499IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg
Adapted from “Hearty Tortellini Soup” from CookingLight.com | January/February 2017 by Julia Levy