Step 1: Bake the sweet potatoes
Step 2: Prepare the vegetable filling
Step 3: Halve the sweet potatoes and add filling. Top with cheese, sour cream and cilantro
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Zucchini Squash
- 1 cup Yellow Onion
- ½ Lime
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans Drained & Rinsed
- ¼ cup Cilantro Chopped
- ½ cup White Cheddar
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 45 minutes.
PRO TIP: In a pinch, you may microwave on high until cooked through, about 12 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Coconut Oil, Zucchini, Onion & Cayenne; cook until tender and begin to brown. Stir in Beans, Salt & Pepper; cook 2 minutes or until beans are warm.
- Slice Sweet Potatoes and loosen the insides with a fork. Divide the vegetable mixture among all Potato halves. Top with Cheese, Sour Cream & Cilantro. Serve with Lime wedges.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 659mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 18892IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @FamilyPlates and #FamilyRecipes
Adapted from "Zucchini and black bean stuffed sweet potatoes" from RealSimple.com | October 2016 by Unknown Author