Try this with our Rice Cooker Mexican Rice
Rice Cooker Mexican Rice Check out this recipe
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1/2 lb Ribeye Steak
- 1-2 tsp Safflower Oil
- 8 Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 400 Deg F
- Wizz the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Cut the sweet potato in 1/2″ cubes. In a medium bowl, toss sweet potato cubes with marinade. In a resealable bag, place the ribeye steak and the remaining marinade. Tenderize the steak while rubbing the marinade into the meat. Place the sweet potatoes and steak into refrigerator for 1-12 hours.
- In a lined baking sheet, scatter the marinated sweet potato cubes and then bake for 25 mins.
- In a pan, sear both sides of the steak over a small amount of vegetable oil for about 1 minute on each side. After the sweet potato timer ends, add the steak and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the oven and allow to rest. Cube the steak for serving.
- In a pan or within a covered dish in the oven, warm the tortillas. Chop fresh cilantro and serve with lime crema (See below).
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, heavy whipping cream, sea salt and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 980mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6240IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 4mg
Adapted from “Carne Asada Tacos with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Lime Crema” found within Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair